Thursday, May 10, 2007

New impressive way to design software factories with GAX

A few days ago I have checked Tom Hollander’s blog regarding the Visual Studio Industry Partner package factory. After reading this post, I have checked the project page on Codeplex and the pre-requisites there. What was definitely new for me was the fact, that there
is already a software factory toolkit which really simplifies the creation of software factory packages by offering a DSL designer. You can get this tool here:
Clarius Software Factories Toolkit February 2007 CTP .

Within about 30 minutes I have created my first simple package with this tool, mainly by following the steps mentioned within the manual of that tool.
Within the next days I will try to set up software factory for our internal company’s framework based on .Net 2.0 and will share my impressions with you.

No comments: